THE NEW IT WORKOUT
What’s the 12-3-30 Workout and How Does It Benefit You
Fitness is an essential part of our lives, and it can be challenging to find the time and motivation to exercise regularly. The 12-3-30 workout is a popular fitness trend that has gained a lot of attention recently. This workout combines cardio and strength training to help individuals get in shape quickly and efficiently. In this article, we will explore the 12-3-30 workout, its benefits, and how to practice it.
How Do You Practice the 12-3-30 Workout?
Here are the steps to practice the 12-3-30 workout:
1. Warm-Up: Before starting the workout, it’s essential to warm up your muscles to prevent injury. Start with a five- minute warm-up by walking on the treadmill at a low speed.
2. Set the Incline: Set the incline of the treadmill to 12 degrees. This angle will help target your glutes, hamstrings, and calves, making the workout more effective.
3. Set the Speed: Set the speed of the treadmill to 3.0 mph. This speed is suitable for most individuals and is a comfortable pace for walking uphill.
4. Walk for 30 Minutes: Walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, making sure to maintain the incline and speed throughout the workout.
5. Cool Down: After completing the 30-minute workout, it’s essential to cool down your muscles to prevent injury. Walk on the treadmill at a low speed for five minutes.
What is the 12-3-30 Workout?
The 12-3-30 workout is a low-impact cardio and strength training routine that consists of walking on an incline treadmill at a speed of 3.0 mph for 30 minutes, 12 times a month. The workout was popularized by Lauren Giraldo, a social media influencer and fitness enthusiast, who used it to lose weight and tone her body.
How Does It Benefit You?
The 12-3-30 workout offers several benefits for individuals looking to improve their fitness levels.
Following are some of the touted benefits:
1. Burns Calories: The workout is designed to help you burn calories quickly and efficiently. Walking on an incline treadmill at a speed of 3.0 mph for 30 minutes can burn up to 300-400 calories, depending on your weight and fitness level.
2. Low Impact: Unlike high-impact exercises such as running, the 12-3-30 workout is low-impact, which means it’s gentle on your joints and suitable for individuals with knee or joint pain.
3. Builds Endurance: Consistently practicing the 12-3-30 workout can help improve your cardiovascular endurance and increase your stamina, making it easier for you to perform other physical activities.
4. Tones Your Body: The workout targets multiple muscle groups in your legs, glutes, and core, helping you tone your body and improve your overall fitness level.
The 12-3-30 workout is an effective and straightforward fitness routine that can help individuals improve their fitness levels and achieve their weight loss goals. This workout is low-impact, making it suitable for individuals with joint pain, and it targets multiple muscle groups in your legs, glutes, and core. By consistently practicing the 12-3-30 workout, you can build endurance, burn calories, and tone your body. If you’re looking for a quick and efficient workout routine, give the 12-3-30 workout a try.